The feet are the foundation of the body. They provide the necessary stability to perform daily activities by supporting the weight of the entire body using a strong, 3-arched bond called the plantar vault.
The plantar vault provides numerous benefits:
- Balances to the body
- Propels us forward
- Safely absorbs heel-strike shock
- Adapts to walking and running stresses.
The Plantar Vault
The foot is made up of 3 bony arches. These 3 arches in the foot are what keep the body balanced:
- Medial longitudinal arch (A–C)
- Lateral longitudinal arch (B–C)
- Anterior transverse (metatarsal) arch (A–B)
Together, these 3 arches form an extremely strong, supportive “plantar vault” that distributes the weight of the entire body.
Over time, one or more of your arches will weaken due to gravitational pressure. This process is completely natural, but can be expedited by injuries, a short leg, improper posture and naturally weak ligaments and tendons.
Once an arch or multiple arches have weakened, the weight of the body will shift away from the weakened arch and start to apply pressure and stress to the other arches, causing pain and other symptoms throughout the body.
Foot Levelers custom-made orthotics are designed to provide the best possible support for all 3 arches of your feet:
- Individually crafted based on 3D scans to bolster the arches in your feet
- Prescribed through Chiropractors to ensure you get the best possible orthotic
- Available in a variety of styles and builds to suit your lifestyle and needs
Foot Levelers custom orthotics are designed to provide both the instant “ah” factor that over-the-counter orthotics like to market, and the actual needed support for your arches that will relieve pain now and prevent pain later by compensating for any and all of your weakened arches to correct your posture.